Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Bangtail Muster


A sign in the central business district, not sure how far Texas is...


We went to see our first play at the Araluen Arts Center; it was Happy Birthday, Peter Rabbit.  The theater has a maximum capacity of 458 seats, which makes every seat a good seat.  I thought the production was quite cute and Dillon was really getting into it.  I enjoyed it enough that I think I will try and go to the monthly plays that are coming up.


This was the last week of the Australian Cup horse racing, it was Young Guns day, for those 18 to 35, on Saturday – but we decided to pop by after the boys’ soccer game.  We ran into some friends from school and were able to watch a few of the races.  I think I actually spent more of my time at the kid’s play area behind the track though.  Later that evening there was a group of American friends that had a Cinco de Mayo party, while everyone had made Mexican dishes it was no substitute for the Tex-Mex food I am used to.  J.D. and I are both looking forward to a Mexican meal when we get back to Texas and of course a giant margarita!!!


The kids that helped us decorate.



The kid's lounge.
One of the antique toys at Monte's.
A few weeks ago my friend Angie and I volunteered to organize the designs and details for the school’s entry for the Bangtail Muster parade.  Thank God for Angie and her artistic talent and organizational skills, she worked so hard and I just helped as I was asked.  After a few weeks of putting together details, Sunday was the day to decorate the truck – it looked great!  We then decided to check out Monte’s, a local pub/eatery I had wanted to check out since I got here.  What a great place!  The setting is quite cool and my pumpkin, feta and pine nut pizza was delicious.  They have a cool kid’s lounge with sofa, chairs, TV and play area so the boys will have no problem going back. 

The float loaded with some kids.

The Bangtail Muster parade was Monday, it happens on May Day an Aussie holiday so the crowds were plentiful.  There were 30 float entries and a bunch of antique cars, motorcycles and groups.  I was told it was one of the largest parades in years.  The boys and I were able to ride on the float, they said they had a great time and they wondered when we could be in another parade. 


No comments:

Post a Comment