Friday, January 6, 2012

Last week in Dallas

It still has not sunk in that I have left Dallas, I feel like I am on some crazy extended vacation.  I think about the 23 moves I made before I became a 27 year resident of Dallas, and then leaving was so easy - now it is very hard.  The area of Firehweel we lived in was such a community to me and I met some of the most amazing people - granted this move is temporary and hopefully we will be back, but for the next few years I will not know people everywhere I go, the people who made our lives better.

The last week of good bye events was amazing. There was a happy hour at The Filmore where we shared drinks with new and old friends, some whom we had not seen in 15 years. I had an incredible dinner with the girls/spend the night at Hotel Za Za/spa morning with some amazing ladies. There was a party at Kristen's house put on by some great friends, our last chance to see many of you.  The boy's were not left out, they were thrown a bon-voyage bounce party with many of their friends.  There were about 35 kids there that have been such a huge part of the boy's lives.  Thank you to everyone who organized and assisted with these events, it meant the world to us.  We will miss you all!

1 comment:

  1. Marti - it won't take long at all before you see someone you know everywhere you go in AS. Glad the trip was fairly uneventful.

    ReplyDelete